First Things to Fix: Tell President-elect Biden to restore environmental and public health protections on day one
Over the past four years, many of the Trump administration's actions have put our public lands and waterways at risk, increased greenhouse gas emissions and worsened air quality. To begin to repair the damage, please take the following day one actions in five critical areas in order to restore important environmental and public health protections:
1. Climate: Rejoin the Paris Agreement
2. Clean Water: Set in motion a repeal of the Dirty Water Rule
3. Clean Air: Strengthen federal fuel economy and emissions standards for vehicles and reaffirm California's authority to set stronger vehicle emissions standards
4. Conservation: Withdraw the Trump administration's draft 5-year plan on offshore drilling
5. Clean Energy: Restore smart energy efficiency policy by reinstating strong efficiency standards for consumer appliances and industrial equipment.